Introduction to GBA+
Communications specialists provide advice on communications products and strategies, facilitate access to media organizations, and ensure that an organization’s information is shared in an appropriate and accurate manner.
Some questions to consider when incorporating GBA+ into communications are:
- Who are the identified target audiences? Have I considered the diversity that exists within these audiences?
- Does the message mean the same thing for all audiences?
- Are the messages easily understood by people of all backgrounds and experiences?
- Are the language, symbols and examples used in the communications products accessible and appropriate for all people?
- How will the messages be disseminated? Do diverse groups within the target audience access information in the same ways?
- What media will be most effective for reaching a broad variety of people within the target audiences?
- Have you applied GBA+ to communications to explain and validate why decisions are made?