This content is archived because Status of Women Canada no longer exists. Please visit the Women and Gender Equality Canada.
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
For Professional and Business Leader Mentorship
If you are interested in participating in a mentorship program for women in careers that range from professions to skilled trades, here are some opportunities to explore:
- Canadian Association of Women In Construction
- CAWIC’s Mentorship Program is an important initiative to help fulfill their mandate to enhance the success of women in the Canadian construction industry, through core values of leadership, mentorship, membership and partnership.
- Canadian Women in Communications and Technology
- Offers two mentorship options including (1) the WCT/Shaw Media Mentorship Program which matches a WCT Member with a senior or peer member of the communications and/or technology sectors for one year of counsel, leadership and professional development and (2) Regional Mentorship Circles designed for members to provide like-minded professionals in the telecommunications, media and technology industries the opportunity to form strategic partnerships with members of the group.
- Society for Canadian Women In Science and Technology (SCWIST)
- The SCWIST Mentorship Project will provide mentoring support, networking connections, professional development and leadership opportunities to help women reach their full potential in the technology sector and all STEM fields.
- Ten Thousand Coffees
- Connects students, recent graduates, and young professionals with leaders and established professionals over a cup of coffee to share insights and spark ideas that will plant the seeds of future opportunities.
- Wired Woman
- Dedicated to empowering women in technology, science and new media. Offers a one-on-one mentorship program through a national network of volunteers.
- Women in Aerospace
- Offers an annual speed mentoring event in Toronto to bring together students pursuing careers in aerospace with professionals already in the field. It seeks men and women entrepreneurs in the aerospace industry to be mentors.
- Women in Film & Television-Toronto (WIFT)
- Offers connection to mentorship opportunities for one Canadian female broadcasting professional, one Canadian producer and one Canadian female production manager.
- Women in Mining (WIM) Canada
- Provides a mentorship program to support and guide female students and junior professionals as they navigate their career path in the industry. WIM Canada provides mentorship through the Mining Industry Human Resources Council's (MiHR) Explore for More Virtual MineMentor Program.
- Women of Influence
- Runs an annual Future Women of Influence Auction that offers mentoring for young women by influential and renowned female Chief Executive Officers and senior executives who donate a one-day mentorship experience auctioned off to the highest bidder.
- Women’s Executive Network (WXN) E-MENTORING® Program
- Mentors from across the world, including the U.S. and the U.K., volunteer their time to provide their knowledge, support and guidance to protégées unable to meet face to face. Also offers WXNWisdom Peer Mentoring and WXNWisdom Top 100 Mentoring which connects mentors from WXN’s community of Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100 Award Winners with women looking to advance professionally and personally.
- Réseau des femmes d'affaires du Québec (RFAQ)
- Offers its MentorL mentorship program – in person or via Skype – designed to help both professional and entrepreneurial women under 40.
- Date modified: